Jehangir Hospital was established in 1946. Today, 70 years in the service of providing quality healthcare with commitment and distinction, Jehangir Hospital holds a steadfast position of trust and respect in the hearts and minds of the people it serves. It is an institution renowned for its medical excellence, the dedication of its consultants and the care and compassion of its staff.
Jehangir Hospital began as Jehangir Nursing Home when its founders, Sir Cowasji Jehangir and Lady Hirabai Jehangir, invited the eminent Dr. Eduljee H. Coyaji to set up a facility that could offer personalized care of high quality at an affordable price to the people of Poona. On the 6th of February, 1946, with only a few beds, it became the city's first significant private hospital. Soon Jehangir Nursing Home had a bed strength of 60. It also added facilities to become the first professionally run hospital kitchen along with a linen department. As patient demand increased, so did the number of beds and facilities.
In 1998, Jehangir Hospital equipped with 350 beds, tied up with the Apollo Hospitals Group to assist in managing and modernizing the hospital. The Jehangir Hospital - Apollo Hospitals Group synergy thus provides the best outcome for the patients: superior technology and medical skill combined with quality patient care. Since 2002, Jehangir Hospital has gone from a 180 bed hospital to a 350 bed multispecialty tertiary care hospital.
Sir Cowasji Jehangir, Fourth Baronet, became Chairman of the Board of Trustees in June 1988 and has been spearheading the mission of Jehangir Hospital since.